Thursday, March 17, 2011

Cycle 2 Day 15

I decided to try the cauliflower pizza again. This time I used a pizza pan that has little holes in it. I was hoping the crust would get crispy and hold together so you could pick the slice up and eat it. I didn't have any luck...it was better then last time...and it tasted YUMMY...I feel like I am being so bad when I eat this...I am using reduced fat cheese....I just don't like fat free cheese...so I guess I am cheating a little. I took pictures of my process this time.

I am going to try this method next time....for ricing the cauliflower
Hint: (From the 17 DD Facebook Page)
Re: soggy crust - use fresh, not frozen cauliflower, grate it into a fry pan over med-low heat to pull out moisture and create the "cauliflower rice" base. Then bake this in the oven til it's crunchy. Then add the toppings and run them under the broiler just long enough to melt the cheese. 

How much cauliflower you use really depends on the size of your pizza pan and how thick you want the crust. I use 1/2 head but I bake in a 9" square glass dish (deep dish style) since that's what fits in my convection oven.



Breakfast: Oatmeal with Strawberries, Green Tea

Lunch: Left over Salmon with Mixed Rice and Green Tea

Dinner: Cauliflower Pizza with Veggies and Chicken on it

Snack: Green Tea and a Yogurt

No comments:

Post a Comment